Saturday, July 11, 2015

Training Back on Track

Saturday – Rode the Great Scott 50 Classic at a good pace. Rolling terrain, so the hills were good training as well. Felt wiped out the rest of the day, perhaps due to the 80+ degrees.

Sunday – Lazy day. Did not feel much like doing anything. Family all left for their homes – a very successful gathering at our lake home.

Monday – 40 miles with Joel up the Heartland Trail from Albany to Blanchard Dam and back. A bit buggy on the way back, but it was a good route to avoid the wind going out, and then the wind died.

Tuesday -.19 miles with the Central Minnesota Bike Club. Great social time after, but ate too much.

Wednesday – Worked until 9:00 p.m. then walked about 2 miles after I got back to the apartment. Tired.

Thursday – Rode 32 miles from Gary Westrup’s house with Joel, Gary, and Jen. Relatively easy pace followed by Lorraine’s yummy after ride treats. Ate too much, but I wanted to show appreciation for her efforts, right? J

Friday – Rest day.

Saturday – Rode 32 miles with Rick and Nancy from Michael’s Cycles in Chaska. They were courteous and slowed the pace for me. 16.2 average was all.

Sunday – Not planning to ride, but will go walk 4 miles around Cleary Lake.

Goal: 80-100 miles during the week, plus whatever on the weekend

Total week miles: 91 during week, with 32 on the weekend.  

I felt sluggish all week, not sure if I just plateaued  or whether I got some kind of bug last weekend. After my Saturday ride, I weighed 186.5. so while I did not make progress on my weight loss, at least I did not regress as far as I had feared with all of the good and ample food..

No comments:

Post a Comment