Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A "Down" Training Week, But Got it Done With a Lot of Help From My Friends

Saturday - Rode the 100 mile Tour de Pepin, starting in Lake City, reported in the last blog posting.


Sunday - Walked the 4 miles around Cleary Lake with Linda. Did a lot of yard work and other projects around the house.

Monday – Took a nap after work with the intention of riding my Keiser trainer 30+ miles. After napping for 3 hours, began to ride while watching a movie, but quit after a mile. Yup, only 1 mile. I just was not motivated.

Tuesday - Morning room exercises, moving up to 20 repetitions per rotation. Rode 20 miles in the evening with my friends in the Central Minnesota Bicycle Club.Just what I needed.

Wednesday - Morning room exercises. Rode 10 miles from work.

Thursday -
Enjoyed a 57.3 mile ride with Joel (and Jan and Jen Lasar for about 27 miles). averaged 16.0 for the entire ride, with the last 30 miles at a faster pace. The sunset riding west from Albany was spectacular! We finished after 10:00 p.m. with our lights along the trail. A great ride! Morning room exercises.

Friday - Rest day. Well, it was planned that way, but I ended up on the end of a shovel and rake, moving much of the 6 tons of class 5 gravel and a lot of sand on Friday, Saturday and Sunday helping construct a fire pit on our beach. Ended each day exhausted. Walked the 4 miles around Cleary Lake with Linda on Sunday morning.


Goal: 80-100 miles during the week, plus whatever on the weekend

Total week miles: 88 during week, with nothing on the weekend. Weekly goal achieved four weeks in a row, but this was a “down” week. Without my riding with my friends, I never would have reached my minimum quota.

No comments:

Post a Comment