Saturday, June 20, 2015

Still on Track With Training

Saturday and Sunday - See my last post regarding my completing my sentence of 3 days of hard labor.

Monday - Qualified for work release, so went to Foley in the morning. Crashed and needed a nap in the afternoon. That helped A LOT! Rode 16 miles after work and before the Board meeting which did not end until after 10:00.


Tuesday - Upped the repetitions per rotation to 22 on my room morning exercises, so did the 5 rotations for 110 pushups and situps, (plus 10 "bonus" pushups on the last rotation). Loving this progress!

Completed 35 miles on the Keiser trainer watching "A Good Day to Die Hard" at an easy 4 minutes followed by a minute standing in the pedals.


Wednesday - A great ride with Joel and Gary totaling 43.3 miles along the trails north and west of Albany, most at 18+ miles per hour. This was great training for me, and despite my saying early in the ride that I really could not feel that I was making progress, was really feeling it later. Yea!


Ended the room exercises with 42 pushups, for a total of 130. I had not done 42 pushups in a row since doing 50 each day while training for Mt. McKinley in 1977.


Thursday - Room exercises only. But oh, took a short run also (with an emphasis on "short").

Friday - Room exercises. Ran just a bit further as well.

Saturday - Completed work on the fire pit and beach patio area we have been working on the past three weeks. Linda and Kirk laid the 3 ton of top stone during the week, and Linda and I finished the last few steps today. Amazing how I am more tired than two weeks ago when I rode the 100 mile Tour de Pepin.

Goal: 80-100 miles during the week, plus whatever on the weekend

Total week miles: 94 during week, with nothing on the weekend. Weekly goal achieved fifth week in a row. Still on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment