Sunday, August 2, 2015

Minimum Goal Achieved - A Century in Six Hours of Riding Time



Monday – Rode 20 miles with the Central Minnesota Bicycle Club from Avon. Mostly rode slowly in the heat, except for some higher intensity surges. Just didn’t feel I had it in me.

Tuesday – Rode 40 miles on my Keiser while watching a movie. Four minutes of relatively low intensity followed by a minute of pedaling standing up. Getting my miles in while avoiding the heat.

Wednesday - Rode 35 miles on my Keiser while watching a movie. Four minutes of relatively low intensity followed by a minute of pedaling standing up.

Thursday – Rest day. Had a Board meeting until 8:30 p.m. so really didn’t have much time anyway.

Friday - Rest day, other than walking the 4 miles around Cleary Lake.


Saturday - Rode the Tour de Tonka. Completed 102 miles in 6 hours and 5 minutes, 16.5 mph average, in 7 hours total elapsed time, including breaks. This meets the minimum requirement for riding the cross country ride next spring - just barely. With 3 more months of road bike riding left this year, i should be able to improve upon that. I was at 17.5 mph average at 55 miles and 17.2 mph average at 72 miles, but the hills and heat in the last 30 miles were tough.
 I got there late, so had to park at the High School, ride the 1.5 miles to the start, and got there just as everyone else was starting out, while I still had to go pick up my packet.

Sunday – Walked the 4 miles around Cleary Lake with Linda.

Goal: 80-100 miles during the week, plus whatever on the weekend

Total week miles: 95 during week plus the Tour de Tonka 102 miles on Saturday. Weekly goal achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment