Friday, May 22, 2015

Training Progress - On Track, But It's Only Week One

I said I would post my training progress each week so you can call me out if I slough off. Here is the log of my first week of recording and reporting. 

Sat - 17 x 1.5 = 25 fat bike with group from Michael's Cycles in Chaska. Kayaked completely around Fish Lake.

Sun - 4 mile fast walk around Cleary Lake. Kayaked hard across lake and back to beat the rain.

Mon - Rest - a critical part of any training program. Your body needs time to recover.

Tues - 30 miles with Gary, Jan, Jen, Jason and Beth. Room exercises. 

Wed - 26 miles, with the first 16 fast with Gary and Buddy Rudy and the last 10 with the Central Minnesota Bicycle Club over Tower Hill (was there a hill?). 5K walk with Wellness Committee at school. Room exercises.

Thurs - 45 km/miles on Keiser spin bike watching a movie in my apartment. Room exercises. I must say that riding with my friends is a lot more fun, although the after-ride festivities don't contribute to weight loss, especially the spread that Lorraine Westrup sets out. Salute! 

Friday -  Room exercises.

Goal: 80-100 miles during the week, plus whatever on the weekend

Total week miles: 101 during week plus the Saturday fat biking, Weekly goal achieved.

Wondering what "room exercises" means? I do about 20 minutes of yoga, then this week 60 pushups and 60 situps, then some upper body work on my Complete Gym in my apartment. I divide the number of pushups and situps by 5 and alternate 12 pushups, then 12 situps, etc. I will slowly work my way up to 100, and increase the difficulty with the slant board on my Complete Gym.

Tomorrow: Saturday - Michael's Cycles, with Rick, a new acquaintance I met last week, who will be riding with a team of 8 in the Race Across America, riding in 10 mile relays at full speed to finish in 7 days. Wow, just when i think I have set a lofty goal for myself I find I am only a piker.

Reminder: I am counting my fat bike miles as 1.5 times actual for my goal of 80-100 per week due to the greater resistance of the fat bike, and my Keiser "miles" according to the odometer on the machine, even if it is a bit generous. As long as I am consistent, I figure it is close enough.

2 comments: