Friday, May 15, 2015

Why I am Confident I can do this.


I have trained for major events before. 
  • In 1977, I climbed Mt. McKinley in Alaska, 20,320’. 
  • In 1980-84, I trained for 3 marathons, with my personal best 3:08:14 running the marathon through the redwoods in northern California. 
  • In 2013-14, I trained on Keiser spinning cycles 4-5 times per week while lifting weights from September – April, prior to riding 105 and 105 miles in a weekend south of Columbus, Ohio and 104 and 75 on the Horsey 100 in Kentucky in May, 2014. 
  • I rode a 100 mile ride in September, 2014 only 3 months and 4 days after being struck by a car while riding my bike in Michigan suffering a hangman’s fracture in my neck, a fractured L1 lumbar vertebrae, four broken ribs, a bruised lung, and multiple cuts, bruises and abrasions.
In January, 2015, I purchased a Framed Minnesota 2.0 fat bike and rode with great new riding friends many times, leading me to ride the MN Ironman on April 26 (stopped at 90 miles due to boredom) and the Fulton Gran Fondo 103 miler on May 9.

I know how to train, knowing that consistency, patience and perseverance will achieve the results. But, the support and encourage of my friends will also be necessary, as will the camaraderie of riding with my riding friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment